Records Division & Fees
The Records Unit consists of a Senior Records Clerk and three records clerks. Records personnel perform a variety of duties that range from administrative and clerical support to Hanford Police staff and officers to assisting the general public at the front counter and on the telephone.
Record keeping is the keystone for critical law enforcement responsibilities. The majority of paperwork Department personnel generate is processed through the Records Unit. The Records Unit is the keeper for all police reports that require photocopying, distributing and filing. This includes arrests, traffic accidents, incident and other miscellaneous reports.
Records personnel are responsible for preparing arrest and report packages for the District Attorney's Office and processing citations to the courts, as well as distributing other paperwork to various local and state agencies.
Another important component of the Records Unit is the maintenance and security of police records. Records personnel must be aware of and apply the legal exemptions to the release of information to protect individual privacy, safety, reputation and ongoing investigations. The intent of the exemptions is to protect law enforcement investigations, not to shield information from legitimate scrutiny. Records personnel are responsible for ensuring that police records are released according to law.
The following fees are effective as of July 2022.
- Traffic accident report: $10 per report
- Citation: $10 per citation
- Citation sign off for other agencies: $15 (per occurrence)
- Records background check: $30
- Ticket sign off-Hanford PD: No charge
- Ticket sign off-other agency: $15 per sign off
To obtain document copies, please fill out a records request form (PDF) and drop it off at the police department.
Hanford Police Department
425 North Irwin Street
Hanford, CA 93230
- Finger printing-live scan (digital): Cost recovery plus $10 rolling fee
- Concealed weapons permit: $180 (including DOJ fees)
- Concealed carry renewals: $52 money order to DOJ plus $58 to Hanford PD
- Lost, stolen, damaged ID card provided by Hanford PD: $20 per card
- Enhanced CCW card: $25 per card
- Add weapons to CCW: $25 (including DOJ fees/not during renewal or application)
- Taxi permit: $75
- Taxi permit renewal: $25
- Massage permit: $75
Vehicle Impound Fees
- Impound vehicle fee: $50
- Stored vehicle under authority code 22651(p)VC: $90
- Repossession fee: $25
- U-visa application: $25
- Live scan
Wednesdays 10 am only the first seven customers
$10 (plus DOJ fees depending on the type of application)