State law now requires the following businesses to arrange for Recycling services:
- Any business that generates 4 cubic yards or more of waste per week;
- Multi-family communities with five or more units.
How to Arrange for Recycling Services:
- Most waste and recyclable materials collected in Kings County are processed at the Kings Waste and Recycling Authority (KWRA) on 7803 Hanford Armona Road in Hanford.
- Businesses may also donate, sell and/or make other arrangements for pick up and recycling of the materials. This includes hauling the materials yourself to recycling facilities of your choice.
- Your business or apartment may already be in compliance with the new State law. Contact KWRA at (559) 583-8829 for additional information.
State Recycling Requirements for Businesses And Multi-Family Apartments
Commercial Recycling Information