State law now requires the following businesses to arrange for recycling services:
- Any business that generates 4 cubic yards or more of waste per week
- Multi-family communities with five or more units.
How to Arrange for Recycling Services:
- Incorporating recycling into your refuse service can actually save you money!
- Contact the Refuse Department at 559-585-2550 to schedule a meeting with the Recycling Coordinator. They will help you select the proper service for your specific needs.
- Most waste and recyclable materials collected in Kings County are processed at the Kings Waste and Recycling Authority (KWRA) on 7803 Hanford Armona Road in Hanford.
- Businesses may also donate, sell and/or make other arrangements for pick up and recycling of the materials. This includes hauling the materials yourself to recycling facilities of your choice.
- Your business or apartment may already be in compliance with the new State law. Contact KWRA at 559-583-8829 for additional information.