Facts & Info

Office Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday thru Friday. Permit Desk Hours are 8:00AM to 4:00PM. Permits will not be issued after 4:00PM

All Inspection Requests must be scheduled online through eTRAKiT, or by calling (559) 537-7980

Development Services Assistant (559) 585-2581
Planning Development Services Assistant (559) 585-2580
Building Official (559) 585-2584
Building Inspector (559) 585-4795
Building Inspector (559) 585-2585
Building Inspector (559) 585-2032

Inspectors will return phone messages between 3:30PM –4:00PM each day. Inspectors are usually available in the office between the hours of 8:00 am-8:30 am, 11:30 am-12:00 pm, 1:00 pm-1:30 pm, and 3:30 pm-4:00 pm; or by special appointment.

Common Residential Projects Requiring Permits
  • Room Additions
  • Remodeling
  • Covered Patios
  • Sheds or Storage buildings greater than 120 sq. ft. in area
  • Water Heater Replacement
  • Water Conditioner or other water treatment equipment
  • Furnace/Air Conditioner Replacement or Repair
  • Replacing or installing a new heater or fireplace, or fireplace insert
  • Re-roofing
  • Re-siding or Stucco
  • Replace or install new windows
  • New sewer or water lines
  • New or an extension of gas piping system
  • Wood Fences over 7’-0” high
  • All Masonry Fences or retaining walls
  • Garage conversions
  • Enclosing an existing patio
Common Residential Projects Not Requiring Permits
  • Sheds or Storage buildings less than 120 sq. ft. in area; with wall height of 7 feet or less and height above grade of 10 feet or less; and require no electrical, mechanical, or plumbing work.
  • Raised wood decks less than 30” above adjacent grade.
  • Wood Fences less than 7’-0” high.
  • Painting, wallpapering, floor coverings, and similar finish work.
  • Concrete driveways, sidewalks, or uncovered patios. If any of this work will be done in the public right-of-way you must contact the Public Works Dept. and obtain an encroachment permit. (559) 585-2555. (The public right-of-way is usually the first 10 ft. from the face of curb towards your house)
  • Prefabricated swimming pools in which the pool walls are entirely above the adjacent grade and the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons.

(Although a Building Permit is not required you should contact the city Planning Division, prior to starting your project, to verify compliance with zoning regulations, (559) 585-2580)