Office Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday thru Friday. Permit Desk Hours are 8:00AM to 4:00PM. Permits will not be issued after 4:00PM
All Inspection Requests must be scheduled online through eTRAKiT.
|Permit Specialist||(559) 585-2580|
|Building Official||(559) 585-2584|
|Plan Checking||(559) 585-2580|
|Building Inspector||(559) 585-4795|
|Building Inspector||(559) 585-2585|
Inspectors will return phone messages between 3:30PM –4:00PM each day. Inspectors are usually available in the office between the hours of 8:00 am-8:30 am, 11:30 am-12:00 pm, 1:00 pm-1:30 pm, and 3:30 pm-4:00 pm; or by special appointment.
Common Residential Projects Requiring Permits
- Room Additions
- Covered Patios
- Sheds or Storage buildings greater than 120 sq. ft. in area
- Water Heater Replacement
- Water Conditioner or other water treatment equipment
- Furnace/Air Conditioner Replacement or Repair
- Replacing or installing a new heater or fireplace, or fireplace insert
- Re-siding or Stucco
- Replace or install new windows
- New sewer or water lines
- New or an extension of gas piping system
- Wood Fences over 6’-0” high
- All Masonry Fences or retaining walls
- Garage conversions
- Enclosing an existing patio
Common Residential Projects Not Requiring Permits
- Sheds or Storage buildings less than 120 sq. ft. in area; with wall height of 7 feet or less and height above grade of 8 feet or less; and require no electrical, mechanical, or plumbing work.
- Raised wood decks less than 30” above adjacent grade.
- Wood Fences less than 6’-0” high.
- Painting, wallpapering, floor coverings, and similar finish work.
- Concrete driveways, sidewalks, or uncovered patios. If any of this work will be done in the public right-of-way you must contact the Public Works Dept. and obtain an encroachment permit. (559) 585-2555. (The public right-of-way is usually the first 10 ft. from the face of curb towards your house)
- Prefabricated swimming pools in which the pool walls are entirely above the adjacent grade and the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons.
(Although a Building Permit is not required you should contact the city Planning Division, prior to starting your project, to verify compliance with zoning regulations, (559) 585-2580)