Do I need a license for a home-based business?

Anyone conducting business in the city limits of Hanford is required to obtain a business license regardless of location.

If conducting a home-based business, a Home Occupation permit is required.

Hanford Municipal Code 17.78.050 Operating standards for Home Occupations 

To apply for a home occupation permit, please submit via the Citizen Self Service Portal.

Show All Answers

1. Can I get a sign for my business?
2. Do I need a license for a home-based business?
3. How do I find out about bidding for city contracts?
4. How much does a business license or permit cost?
5. Who do I contact if I want to sell goods or services at an event in the city?
6. What city land or property is for sale?
7. What is a certificate of occupancy permit?
8. Where do I get or renew my taxi license?
9. What do I need to start a business?