News Flash


Posted on: August 11, 2023

Did You Know? (Pool Draining-UPDATE)

Did you know-pool draining update

We need to know if you're planning to drain your pool!

A pool draining permit is required under Hanford Municipal Code 13.04.150 (#12), which allows for one pool drain/fill per year. 

Question: Why does the City regulate pool draining?
Answer: It helps with the City's water conservation efforts, and allows City crews to monitor the City's storm drainage system, including its drainage basins.

Pool owners must now apply for a pool draining permit through the City's website. Please submit your application two to three days in advance of the day you plan to drain your pool.

  1. Go to or go directly to the Permits & Licenses site.
  2. Click on "Permits & Licenses"
  3. Click "Apply"
  4. Search "Swimming Pool Drain Permit"

Additionally, a permit is required for additional watering. Follow the same steps as above but search "Conditional Watering."

The fee for both of these permits is $25.

Facebook Twitter Email