Heroes Park is a future 40 acre regional park located near the intersection of Grangeville Boulevard and 9 1/4 Avenue. It is being partially funded by the State Parks' Statewide Development and Community Revitalization Program (Prop 68). The City is purchasing the land from a multi-generational farming family. The property is not currently within City limits, but will be annexed as part of the Hanford Reorganization Project.
The parks amenities, chosen by the community, will include:
- Three multi-use athletic fields
- Two play structures with shade and lighting
- Dog park with lighting
- Outdoor amphitheater
- 16 pickleball courts
- 18-hole frisbee disc golf course with lighting
- Skatepark with lighting
- Two basketball courts with lighting, workout area with lighting
- Water feature
- Open space area
- Community garden/learning garden with lighting
- Three shade areas
- Parking area with lighting and charging stations
- Two restrooms with solar lighting
A future City fire station is set to be located at Heroes Park.
View a conceptual image of Heroes Park.